According to recent research conducted by Oxford university & funded by Cancer Research, obesity is now the a leading modifiable factor that can affect a womens chance of developing breat cancer. Alcohol consumption and smoking are other modifiable risk factors that were identified after obesity. The research was published in the Journal of Cancer.
Dr Julie Sharp, Cancer Research UKs senior science information manager, said: Theres already strong evidence that drinking alcohol and being overweight can increase the risk of breast cancer but its important to understand why these links exist. This is an important study as it helps to show how alcohol and weight can influence hormone levels. Understanding their role in breast cancer is vital and this analysis sheds light on how they could affect breast cancer risk.
We know that the risk of the disease can be affected by family history and getting older, but there are also things women can do help reduce the risk of the disease. Maintaining a healthy body weight and reducing alcohol consumption are key to reducing breast cancer risk.
Visit cancer research’s website to read full information http://info.cancerresearchuk.org/news/archive/pressrelease/2011-07-20-weight-strongest%20influence-on-post-menopausal-breast-cancer?view=rss
We have a 10% discount coupon code VMED which is active for the next 24 hours at our medical supply website Valuemed, and also at our fertility supplies website Access Diagnostics Fertility
The 10% discount coupon is active until midnight on Tuesday 19th July 2011
Use at www.valuemed.co.uk
10% discount coupon code is: VMED
It can also be used at our fertility website www.accessdiagnostics.co.uk
- One coupon code per order
- Discount coupon can be used on any item including Littmann stethoscopes
- Coupon code can be used multiple times
- Discount can be used on any products
- To use coupon code enter the code exactly as it is typed above and then click update. Please feel free to pass the coupon on to friends, family, colleagues etc
Adult onset or type 2 Diabetes has been in the news a lot recently. Rates of development of type 2 Diabetes are on the increase in the western world. This is thought to be due to our increasingly sedentary lifestyle and are high calorie diets leading to increasing levels of obesity.
What are the risk factors for developing Type 2 Diabetes:
- family history-do you have a close blood relative who has type 2 diabetes ?
- weight-are you overweight ?
- age-are you over 40 ?
- do you carry your excess weight around your middle ?
- lack of regular physical exercise
- ethnic group-if you are Asian or African-Caribbean your risk is much higher (up to 5x) nd you may develop it at an earlier age
- did you develop gestational diabetes in pregnancy ? (women only)
- do you have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome ?(PCOS) (women only)
Value-med is currently promoting the special edition and standard tube colours available on the Littmann dual iii cardiology stethoscope models. Littmann cardiology iii remains the international market leader in high end cardiology auscultation offering superior sound quality and manufacturing standards.
New colour options include red, plum, burgandy, caribbean blue and classic black tube variants. All options are UK stock lines available for immediate dispatch and the offer includes Free UK expedited delivery on this model. Prices start from £110.00 excluding VAT for more details see site littmann cardiology iii section